Table of Contents
Outsource wedding photo editing services can be a great way for wedding photographers to improve the quality of their final images and save time. Here are a few things to consider when outsourcing wedding photo editing services:
- Quality: Look for a professional photo editing service with a proven track record of producing high-quality images. Check out the company’s portfolio and read reviews from previous clients.
- Specialization: Make sure the editing service you choose specializes in wedding photography, as they will be more experienced in dealing with the specific needs of wedding images.
- Turnaround time: Find out how long it will take for the editing service to deliver the final images, and make sure it meets your needs.
- Cost: Compare prices and services offered by different editing services and choose one that fits within your budget.
- Communication: Establish clear communication with the editing service to ensure that your instructions and expectations are understood.
- Workflow Integration: Make sure the editing service you choose can integrate seamlessly with your workflow and can handle different file formats and file sizes.
- Quality Assurance: Some editing service providers offer a Quality Assurance (QA) process to ensure that the final images are free of errors and meet the desired quality.
By outsourcing wedding photo editing services, photographers can focus on capturing great shots on the day of the wedding, while leaving the editing process to professionals. This can result in higher-quality final images and save time and money.
Outsourcing Wedding photo editing is fast becoming a standard practice. Many experienced and novice shooters are using outsourced photo retouching services full-time. While others are ordering these services during the busy part of their work as wedding and event photographers.
There are three main benefits of using our services. Giving your business time on other tasks. Speeding up your turnaround, and wasting less time on post-production.
OUTSOURCE WEDDING PHOTO EDITING WITH THE PHOTODOTEDIT is very Easy. This is one of the biggest problems of photographers. That they spend too much time on their computer editing their pictures, raise your hand if that’s true. I’ll see you cause I’ve been there.
The company I use to edit both my digital and film images is Photodotedit. Email them or submit your first digital order to get started. Your first 20 and more images will be complimentary. So this is a great way to try them out.
Here is what you need to do:-
- Define your style. Do you know what you want your finished images to look like? Good. Save 5-10 in a file to share with your future editor.
- Research editors – or take my advice and use Photdotedit! They have a team of people / a 5-day turnaround/match film to digital. I know, why have you been waiting to do this?
- Send 25 images. Your first set of sample images (25) is complimentary at The Photodotedit! Also include your folder of favorites / requested preset / or if you like to control things, pre-editing images.
- Ask for changes. When you get back your edits you may still need to dial in your look. This is normal. Keep talking and you will get there.
- Receive finished images. Are you happy? Enjoy going on a date or playing with your kids without feeling guilty. You are welcome.
Outsource Wedding Photo Editing Services pricing in Photodotedit
I spoke with Emily, Editing Manager at The PHOTODOTEDIT, to learn more about his journey and listen in on the conversation.
This is one of my favorite parts of working with Photodotedit. that they work with both digital and film. I shoot 75%-100% of my portraits on film and this has created my signature look. I shoot hybrids on a wedding day and I like to rely on Photodot to refine everything I shoot.
How much does it cost for someone to edit photos?
The cost of photo editing services can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the editing required, the number of images that need to be edited, and the experience and expertise of the editor.
On average, a basic photo editings service such as color correction, cropping and resizing, and light adjustments can cost anywhere from $0.25 to $5 per image. More advanced editing services, such as retouching, compositing, and manipulation, can cost anywhere from $10 to $50 per image or more.
It’s also important to note that some photo editing services charge on an hourly basis, with rates ranging from $25 to $150 or more per hour. Some companies offer bulk pricing and discounts for large-volume projects.
It’s also worth noting that some service providers have a subscription model, where for a monthly or annual fee, you get access to a certain number of edits or a certain amount of storage space.
It’s always best to get a quote from a few different photo editing services to compare prices and services offered. It’s also important to read reviews and check out the company’s portfolio to ensure that they are reputable and have experience in the type of editing you require.
Some Reasons to not Outsource Wedding Photo Editing
I know there are reasons to wait to outsource Wedding photo editing. Let’s dive into some.
Only I can make this form. Umm… you wouldn’t think someone who studied photography would. Edits images every day. Knows all those Lightroom shortcuts. Which one won’t be able to replicate it? You are special. But seriously this is something you can let go of.
If I could afford it I would. How valuable is your time? Do you pay yourself that much to sit at your computer? Is it worth it? What if you raised your prices and your business supported you instead of driving you out? Taking control of your numbers will certainly allow you if not beg to let go.
it takes too long. It just isn’t. With a turnaround of 5-10 days, your images will be ready before it’s time to upload.
A peek into my editing workflow
First I handpick my images, then I send a Lightroom catalog with Smart Preview to The Photodotedit. My editor sends me 5-10 sample images to make sure we’re on the right track. If I feel that things are not right. So I’ve been able to make some small adjustments. Over time my editors have come to know this. How do I want to present my work? Once they are done editing all my images. So they send the catalog back to me. I repeat everything, crop, and select the preferred image … Then I export and upload.
Grow Your Business
Use your newfound time to grow your business. Create a new proposal, connect with past clients or dream up a personal project. Tag me on Instagram and share what you’re up to.
Honestly, I’ve spent many a late night with a pile of images at my desk. I stayed on track for my clients but it took a toll on me and my family. I realized that I didn’t need to sit behind my computer to get work done. Give yourself a day off.
My mindset changed to view editing as a necessary business expense and I unlocked so much time. I spent time with my family (we have three kids now) and dreamed of new projects like my workshop.
The key is realizing that you don’t have to do everything in your business. You can let other people help you. It’s a really good business move not to do it all. Your most valuable work is going to come from something other than editing. Take back your time to focus on the next step in your business.
Why outsource photo editing?
Outsourcing photo editing can be beneficial for a number of reasons. Firstly, it allows photographers to focus on the tasks they are most skilled at, such as capturing great shots on location, while the editing process is handled by professionals. This can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
Additionally, professional editing services have specialized software and experienced editors that can produce higher-quality final images. Outsourcing the editing process can also save photographers a significant amount of time and allow them to take on more clients or projects. Furthermore, it eliminates the need for photographers to invest in expensive editing software and equipment, making it cost-effective.
Outsourcing also allows photographers to access specialized services such as retouching, color correction, and restoration that may be beyond the skills of a photographer. Additionally, it ensures consistency in the final images, regardless of the photographer or the shooting conditions. It also allows for scalability, as photographers can adjust the number of editing services they need based on their workload, without having to hire additional staff or invest in equipment.
Finally, outsourcing photo editing gives access to the latest technology, software, and techniques, as well as a team of experts with experience and expertise in different areas of photo editing. Professional photo editing service providers can also deliver the final images within a shorter time frame and meet tight deadlines.
Top 10 Reasons to Outsource Photo Editing Services
- Increased Efficiency: Outsourcing photo editing services can help photographers focus on the tasks they are most skilled at, such as capturing great shots on location.
- Improved Quality: Professional editing services have specialized software and experienced editors that can produce higher-quality final images.
- Time-Saving: Outsourcing the editing process can save photographers significant time and allow them to take on more clients or projects.
- Cost-Effective: Outsourcing the editing process eliminates the need for photographers to invest in expensive editing software and equipment.
- Specialized Services: Many photo editing companies offer technical services such as retouching, color correction, and restoration that may be beyond the skills of a photographer.
- Consistency: Outsourcing to a professional photo editing service can ensure consistency in the final images, regardless of the photographer or the shooting conditions.
- Scalability: Outsourcing allows photographers to adjust the number of editing services they need based on their workload, without hiring additional staff or investing in equipment.
- Access to the Latest Technology: Outsourcing photo editing services gives access to the latest technology, software, and techniques.
- Access to a Team of experts: Professional photo editing service providers are a team of experts who have experience and expertise in different areas of photo editing.
- Meeting Deadlines: Professional photo editing services providers can deliver the final images within a shorter time frame and meet tight deadlines.
In conclusion, outsourcing wedding photo editing services can be a valuable tool for wedding photographers looking to improve the quality of their final images and save time. When outsourcing, it’s important to choose a professional photo editing service with a proven track record of producing high-quality images. Additionally, make sure the editing service specializes in wedding photography and has a reasonable turnaround time.
It’s also important to find an editing service that fits within your budget and has clear communication and seamless workflow integration. Finally, consider the Quality Assurance process they have in place to ensure the final images are free of errors and meet the desired quality. By outsourcing wedding photo editing services, photographers can focus on capturing great shots on the day of the wedding, while leaving the editing process to professionals, resulting in higher-quality final images.